Jim, Cheryl, District Clergy, and Past El Salvador Team Members,
The 2018 District Mission Trip to El Salvador will be June 11-19, 2018. Sign up deadline will be January 19 with a $250 deposit due. Anyone interested in going for the first time must also submit an application. There is a maximum of 20 spots available, so members will be accepted as deposits and applications are received. Before illness hit last year, we were up to 19; I hope to have 20 this year. Attached are flyers and applications in various formats. Please help in promoting this trip. If you would like for a 2017 Team Member to share at your church/event, please let me know; we also have the 2017 DVD available if you’d like a copy for promotion.
I am very excited that Madii Sowell, member of Maples Memorial, has agreed to co-lead the trip with me this year. Madii went to El Salvador in 2015 and 2017 and is an awesome Christian and leader.
I have info posted on the Minor Memorial website: http://www.minormemorial.org/el-salvador-mission-trip
Thanks for your support and prayers,
Rev. Amanda Gordon
Pastor, Minor Memorial UMC
PLEASE SEE ALL ATTACHMENTS I AM SENDING WITH THIS EMAIL BLAST! thanks, cheryl
1. October 5, 2017 SPRC Workshop at Hernando UMC…6:30
2. October 12, 2017 SPRC Workshop at Batesville 1st UMC..6:30
3. October 21, 2017-Senatobia District UMW Annual Meeting at Hernando UMC…keynote speaker will be LaToya Redd Thompson, our conference lay leader
4. October 21-Minor Memorial Fall Festival
5. October 21-22, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Junior High Spiritual Life
6. November 10-12, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Senior High Spiritual Life
7. November 12, 2017-Gathering Tour of Directors Cut at Senatobia 1st UMC!
8. November 13, 2017-Desoto Cluster at Hernando UMC-Iris Holloway and Carla Gant of the Sardis UMC will share about their involvement with the UM Children’s Home
9. November 20-24, 2017-Thanksgiving Holidays